My name actually is Karlijn, but this name has proven to be very difficult to pronounce for anyone who is not from the Netherlands. Therefore, I usually call myself Caroline in international settings.
I am 26 years old and work fulltime as a consultant, mostly on projects in Healthcare. Even though this job can be quite challenging and busy, I enjoy the variety that comes with being a consultant. I live together with my boyfriend in the beautiful old town of Nijmegen, in the Netherlands.
A little background about my love for traveling
Ever since I was young I have enjoyed exploring new countries and cities. Next to that, I have always been interested in cultures and languages. That is why I decided to spend a few months in Spain after high school and learn Spanish. A few days after graduating I flew to Sevilla, all by myself, leaving my parents very worried. Fortunately, it turned out to be a great experience. In fact, I fell in love with the city of Sevilla. I try to go back as often as possible and dream of buying my own place there one day.
What to expect from this blog
- Read about traveling on any budget. Up until recently, we only had one income for the both of us, but we still managed to make some great trips. I’ll tell you how. If you are more of a luxury lover, I hope you will like my advice on places worth the occasional splurge.
- Read about a variety of destinations, from Asia to France. I thoroughly enjoy going somewhere far away, but camping in France or spending a weekend in Belgium makes me just as happy.
- Advice on how to make the most of your (limited) vacation time. With only 26 days off per year, it’s always a challenge to visit all the destinations on my wishlist. Therefore, I always try to come up with smart itineraries, enabling me to see as much as possible in a short time. I’ll share some with you.
- See some (hopefully enjoyable) photography. One of my hobbies is photography. For a long time I used my iPhone 6 for taking pictures, but recently I bought a mirrorless camera (Sony Alpha), that I like to experiment with.
- Get some ‘insider’ tips. I’ll try to give you some not-so-obvious tips for good bars, restaurants, sights and hotels.
In between my posts I regularly share photographs on Instagram (@carolinetravelss).